Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lyca gets a make over

I’m on fire,

I’m a fabricat’en, modify’en, steel weld’en, luminum chopp’en, wood cutt’en, weight loos’en fool. I have just finished giving Lyca (my truck) a make over so he is ready for the big adventure.





Between me, him, and Cazee we are ready to hit the road, except Cazee has a few more modifications yet to be done. I have enclosed Lyca’s rear section and ladder rack for security reasons. (If people can’t see what’s in the back of the truck then they are less likely to try to remove anything from it. The other reason for the modifications is for more storage and being able to organize things better. When I finish Lyca and I will be able to fix almost, anything anywhere, any time.

If we can’t fix it, it ain’t broke.

The first thing I have added is a spare steel 55 gallon fuel tank.



The main reason for that is to be able fill up the gasoline burning members of my team. Of which Lyca is one, and there is Sicfiddy Kawalski of course. Then there are two more team members that are hydrocarbon combustion energy users and they are Mr. Lektrik Steelbinder and Buddy Blohard. Mr. Steelbinder is a 9 horse power electric generator / welder.



Mr. Blohard is a 12 horse power two stage electric start air compressor, for operating air tools and re-inflating the occasional flat tire.



In addition Lektrik has had the fore thought to invite his nephews, Ox and Ace, to travel with us. Ox and Ace are oxygen and acetylene tanks with hose reel and torches that will comfortably ride in the back of Lyca.



Buddy will also have an air hose reel so that he and his fellow travelers do not get in each others way. Even Lektrik will have a power cord reel to keep things neat and tidy.







As you can see I have enclose the rear section with diamond plate aluminum on the sides and 3/8 exterior plywood on the top. I think it will be secure and weather proof enough for everyone to have a nice adventure.

I started the modifications on Sunday morning and have worked about 10 hours each day, it is now Wednesday, that works out to a full work week, but it has been worth it.



244 lbs

Gotta go

4 comments:

Chris Guld said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Guld said...

WoW! If we ever break down - I hope you're nearby! With that setup you could get a job as 'tailgunner' on caravans to Mexico or Alaska.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya i'm new to this. I hit upon this site I have found It amply accommodating and its helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & support others like its helped me.

Cheers, Catch You Later