Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wire 1 class three of four

May 25 through 31, 2008
Well gang, Wire 1 class was excellent. I improved my skills substantially and I am very happy with the results of my efforts for the week. Nothing special happened this week. It was just go to school, or what I am now calling geriatric summer camp, as 90% of the participants are over the age of 60, but they are all young at heart.

Here is a photo of my class



The school did not have as many students this week as they had the previous week. Several classrooms were empty I do not know whether it was due to lack of teachers or lack of students. Next week will be my last week here and then I move on. I still have not decided where I will move on to but move I must.

Here are the class show and tell projects for this week

These next to shots are of the wire sculpture class. they got a ton of projects done this week, with only three people.




This is the "Gem Tree" class it had one student.


This is the "Glass Fusing" class. They got a bunch of stuff done too.


the rest if the "Glass Fusing" class.




This is the "Silver 2" class they did some great work.


This silver feather braclet is fantastic.


This lady did a great job in the "Chain" Making class


Aparently there was only one student in "Lampwork Beads"


This is the "Opals" class


here's "Cabachons"




And our class of "Wire 1"


Here are the close up’s of my work







This afternoon Sic Fiddy has an appointment for his 600 mile break-in check up. I haven’t been able to run his engine over 4000 rpm during the break-in period which has been fine. 4000 rpm = aprox 55 mph so that has been plenty for me, However I am glad to get the break-in service out of the way. Sic Fiddy has been great running to the store and to school. He is saving me a bunch on gas. The worst thing has been running 55 down Georgia back roads at 8am when the temperature is a brisk 42 degrees. This has a tendency to wake a guy up real quick and brisk is a bit of an understatement. Fortunately I have not had to ride in the rain either way, as I make two trips a day, one in the morning and one at noon. I put more miles in one month on Sic Fiddy than the three previous months I have had him.

Got to get ready for our appointment, see ya.
AV

No comments: