Wednesday, August 5, 2009

lazy crazy daze of summer

Summer Time and the living is easy

My cousin Bill Shank and his wife Paula threw a Fourth of July party down at the pool. The weather cooperated and the guys put on a great fireworks show.

On July 19th I flew out of Atlanta to visit my daughter’s home in Darien, CT.


From Molena



My Flight leaving Georgia was the roughest that I have ever have been on. The turbulence lasted a good 30 minutes into the flight and I was still ill when I landed in White Plains, NY nearly one hour and thirty minutes later

The weather in Darien was great and we cooked outside Friday evening.


From Molena



The next day Dawn, Mike and I went to an art and craft show an hour or so north of Darien.


From Molena




From Molena



Then we drove along the waterfront on our way to a rustic seafood restaurant.


From Molena



On Sunday Dawn and I went to an outdoor fine arts show that had some very interesting work.


From Molena



After lunch with Dawn she dropped me off at the airport for my flight back to Georgia. I got back home around 9:00pm. I had a great time except for the flight turbulence.

After a couple of days back I set up my new tent and display to give me experience setting it up.


From Molena




From Molena



I set it up as if it were a show so that I know I have everything. Then I will load it into the truck and I will be ready for the first show in Newnan, GA (Powers crossing) on Labor Day weekend. It is a three day show Sat, Sun & Mon. Then my schedule is as follows.

Return to West Palm Beach on or about September 22, 2009. Then the shows start.

*Stuart, FL September 26 & 27
*Delray, FL October 3 & 4
*Coconut Creek, FL October 10 & 11
*Sarasota, FL October 17 & 18
*St. Petersburg, FL October 24 & 25
*Lauderdale by The Sea, FL October 31 & November 1
*Juno, FL November 14 & 15
West Palm Beach Gem Show November 21 & 22
*Delray Beach, FL December 26 & 27

* = website for thees shows http://www.artfestival.com/

That is everything that I have confirmed as of August 5, 2009. I have applied for more but have not received confirmation of acceptance.

Hope everyone is well. I am doing good. Hope to see you soon.

Ken

No comments: