Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sicker than the dog

I haven’t had a cold that consisted of more than the sniffles for one day in over ten years. Well I guess I paid for that luxury this past week.

Sunday (September 28) evening I felt a little off and I thought “am I coming down with a cold?”
Then Monday morning I felt fine and figured just a small glitch. By Monday afternoon I crawled into bed and didn’t get out until Thursday morning except to feed Cutter. I was miserable. By Thursday evening I was back in bed. Friday morning I managed to run to the store for provisions and slip back in bed. Saturday I felt pretty good in comparison and there was a craft fair nearby that I wanted to go to, so Sic Fiddy and I ran the twenty miles over to Gay, Georgia and checked out the “Cotton Pickin Fair”



From Year one October




From Year one October



It was pretty nice. Mostly down home country stuff. There were a couple of wire wrap jewelry makers that I checked out. Their stuff was much different than mine but it was interesting to see their work. I got back home a little after noon and slipped back into bed for the rest of the day. Today, (Sunday morning) I feel Blah, worn out, coughing with post nasal drip, bloated head and runny nose. This has got to end soon.

Cutter up date; Cutter seems like he is doing much better. He is getting up much quicker and has even chased a couple of squirrels. I may be down and out but he’s up and at’m.

The Jewelry web site that I mentioned was putting my stuff up is now up and running. Except that the shopping and purchase pages are not operational. But if you want to see it, the web address is http://www.magicalsilverjewelry.com/ . I think it is a beautiful site and I hope we move some jewelry through it. I am happy to be one of the artists on the site and I am honored to be grouped with artists so talented.

When I finish posting I’m going have a cup of chicken soup, lie down and read a book. This crap sucks.

AV

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your being sicker than a dog. This is the first I was able to get into your site since I was in Hawaii about a month ago. Back home now (for a couple days) headed up to PA to see Mother. Keep me posted about your upcoming travel plans. Get yourself all better ya hear. Yo Buddy in the Keys. JSG

Anonymous said...

Hello Gooch;
hope you are feeling better than when you last wrote in your blog. Received both your messages this morning. Take Care ol Budy, JSG

Anonymous said...

Hello Gooch;
hope you are feeling better than when you last wrote in your blog. Received both your messages this morning. Take Care ol Budy, JSG

Anonymous said...

Hello Gooch;
hope you are feeling better than when you last wrote in your blog. Received both your messages this morning. Take Care ol Budy, JSG

Anonymous said...

It is saturday morning Oct 18. Just had some rain and the day is overcast, somewhat unusual for the Keys. Gonna drive up to Homestead later to order our new kitchen cabinets. We are now in the final phase of completion with the remodeling. There is some hope of having it all done before the end of the year. I've been wondering how you are? What's the latest with Cutter?
My best to you. JSG