Monday, October 20, 2008

First craft show

Well I’m feeling well and Cutter seems to feel good as well. The other day he almost broke his neck trying to get out of the trailer to chase a cat, which was like Tim Conway on the Carol Burnett Show playing the old fireman coming to the rescue. Cutter never got close to the cat but he came back proud that he had chased it away.

I got my jewelry booth set and had my first show at the “Flint River Fall Festival” in Thomaston GA. on Saturday.

Here is my booth.
From Year one October

They had a pet show and neither of these cute little guys even placed.




From Year one October


There was a pretty good turn out,
but no one was buying. I sold $42.00 worth of merchandise. The space cost $30.00.
I was pretty disappointed, however this type of show is not really the venue for my jewelry. Most of the vendors were selling trinkets and junk. But they even said it was a poor show. Their highest priced items were around $25.00. Mine basically started at $30.oo. The next day, on Sunday, I visited a show in Concord GA. and the vendors there said they did very well on Saturday. I need to find more upscale shows. There are a bunch in Florida but the application process is pretty rigorous. I will keep trying and see what shakes out.

The temperature this morning 38 degrees, but the trailer was nice and warm with my little heater. The trailer is surprisingly well insulated. I’m not sure how cold it gets here in Oct / Nov but I think I can tuff it out until December when I head to Florida.

Hope things are good where you are.

Love ya
AV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a Friday night and I just logged into your blog. Will check it out closer tomorrow ... Glad to read that your doing well and I like the neat look of the BOOTH... Good luck tomorrow! JSG

Anonymous said...

Sunday morning: Had a closer look at your Oct 20 write up and realize that you did not have a great day in Sales at the show ... hang in there. There will be better days I'm sure. Let me know as your plans to be in Florida materialize. The number I have for you is 561-370-4962 ... I think I'll give it a ring now and see if it works. IT WORKs ... Great talkin to YA!

Anonymous said...

Sunday morning: Had a closer look at your Oct 20 write up and realize that you did not have a great day in Sales at the show ... hang in there. There will be better days I'm sure. Let me know as your plans to be in Florida materialize. The number I have for you is 561-370-4962 ... I think I'll give it a ring now and see if it works. IT WORKs ... Great talkin to YA!