Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Six days OTR (On The Road)

Day two on the road (OTR)

April 2, 2008 Wednesday

I had planned to go to the Kennedy Space Center, then I found out it costs $38.00 and it takes all day. Well I wasn’t prepared to spend all day at the center and I wasn’t prepared to spend $38.00. Besides they have a negative entrance policy against the lupus race. And I was not going to leave Cutter in the Trailer all day, so I just drove buy and took this picture.



So, onward to South Daytona. I arrived at Lynn's around ten thirty and the managers of the park wanted me to park the trailer in the storage lot, which was no problem as they allowed me access to the trailer during daylight hours, besides there wasn’t much I needed to get out of Cazee anyway. I spent the next two days visiting relatives.

My step mom Lynn Hatch



Angie's mom Nancy Gaskins



My uncle Eddie Sweat (Mom's brother)



On Thursday evening we went to a Daytona Cubs AAA ball came. The Cubs were doing great until they changed pictures and they fell apart. They lost to the Milwaukee Manatees 8 to 6. I forgot to bring my camera again, so I took some pics with my cell phone. The problem with that is I haven’t figured out how to get them out of the phone and onto the computer.

Friday April 4, 2008
I said my goodbuys to Lynn and pulled out around seven thirty in the morning. I headed west across state road 44 towards Sanford FL where a friend of mine (Greg) lives with his cousin Linda and her husband Rick on the Wekiva River. It is a very scenic and tranquil location. I should have taken pictures but someone forgot the camera. I did take pictures of the camp ground (Wekiva Falls).







In it it’s hey day (Seventies) the spring was a very popular resort destination and the park grew quite large. They have over 600 RV sites with full hookup including grey & black waste water. The lady at the park said some investors have purchased the property and plan to upgrade. Right now there are a lot of people living in camper’s full time and some of them are in pretty poor condition. So some clean up is in order but that is also going to mean higher prices. The cost for a site is advertised at $18.00 but everything is extra. Electric $3.00, additional adult $6.00, child $3.oo, pet $300. Water and sewer did not cost extra. It is an OK spot but there are much better for the money.

My friend Greg Baumgardner



I met with my friend Greg and dropped off some stuff that he had stored at my house. It was good to see him again.


Saturday April 5, 2008
Greg took this picture of Cutter and me as we departed.



Our plan was to visit my cousin Rita and her husband Mike in Dade City and my other cousin Reba and her husband Phill in Brooksville, but I had called them yesterday and neither of them answered and when I called again today there was still no answer so I made the decision to shoot up the west coast of Florida on highway 19 and see if I could make it to Tallahassee. I was sure glad I had made the decision to not travel Interstate roads. There was hardly any traffic and often I was the only vehicle on the 4 lane divided highway. The speed limit was 65 mph and I really enjoyed the drive. We stopped every 50 or 60 miles to stretch and relieve ourselves. Cutter really seems to be enjoying the adventure so far. As we approached NW Florida the weather turned as a front moved across the state. By the time we hit Perry Florida it was pouring down rain and there were tornado warnings. I debated whether to go to Tallahassee or just run strait into Georgia until I found a nice camping spot. I decided that the weather made sightseeing in Tallahassee a pour choice at best so we continued north towards Albany GA. A few miles before Albany we spotted a nice little campground called Creekside and at a flat rate of $25.00 for overnight and full hookup including dump, elect, water and cable TV. They did not have Wi-Fi and my Verizon card would not connect in southwest GA. Cell phone reception was sketchy so I had to raise my antenna and stick my head outside to receive calls.
We drove a total of 317 miles this day. Four times the amount I said I would try to average. Even so, one of the goals of these adventures is to be flexible and adapt to the conditions.

Cutter and I went exploring and there actually is a creek at Creekside RV Park. A nice one too. On the way back to the campsite Cutter acted like he was having a hard time breathing. That was one of the symptoms of the heart worms that the Vet told me about. Another symptom is fatigue. He could have a heart attack or he could live several more years. I guess we will see, I am doing what I can. The treatment to kill the worms completely could kill him so I have elected to give him medication to keep them from getting worse but the damage that they have done can't be reversed. The breathing problem only lasted a few minutes but it was kind of scary. That is the first time that it has happened.

Sunday April 6, 2008
Pulled out of Creekside RV Park at 8:30 am and pointed Lyca North. Next stop, my cousin Angie Cobb and Mark, who lives in Seal Alabama, which is just SE of Columbus GA.

My cousin Angie



A couple of hours later and we arrived at her house. Parking was very tight and I broke a window on Cazee by hitting a Dogwood tree limb. The Dogwood are in bloom and when I hit it the pedals rained down like snow. A Dogwood in bloom is one of the most beautiful trees that I know of.

I put duct tape over the window and when I get to Aunt Martha’s in Molena GA I will fix it. We are heading over there tomorrow. Molena is about 50 miles N E of Columbus GA.

Monday April 7, 2008
We pulled out of Angie’s at around 8am and drove through Columbus missed a turn and quickly recovered. Arrived at Martha Shank’s around 10am or so. I plan to stay here a week, give or take a few days and sort some kinks out in the trailer and fix Cazee’s window. It has been hard to keep up the blog while on the road. Here I have a good internet connection and I have the time to catch up.

Till next post

AV

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Earlier in this post you said someone forgot the camera. Boy you sure are giving Cutter a lot of responsibilities.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://vecywowid.100megsfree5.com/ywyquny.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site dubyacay.blogspot.com
Is this possible?