Thursday, December 6, 2007

Getting closer




I finally bought my trailer. I made a new decision. It seems like I do that every day now and somehow I think I will be doing that right up until I leave I’m a flip floper. I decided not to get the toy hauler and opted for a K-Z Sportsmen 2505 for substantially less than I would have had to pay for the toy hauler. I will modify this unit to fit my needs. I have also decided that the Harley is a luxury item that I don’t need, I will get instead, a lighter on/off road bike that will serve for short trips to the grocery or exploring off road for that perfect dry camp. I close on the house on Dec 14th. Man have I got a lot of stuff to do. There is still ton’s of stuff to dispose of.

For most of my life I have lived for the destination and I am finding myself continuing to do that. Everything I do I seem to do with the destination in mind. That destination now has become hitting the road. The last 10 or so years I have made attempts to live the journey (ie, live in the moment) with little success. It is some what of a dilemma in that it is necessary to plan for my needs in the future while at the same time fully experience the journey as I go through it. I am finding myself focusing on when I get this thing done or that thing done then I can enjoy what I have right here in front of me. Perhaps this whole adventure is about my desire to live in the moment as it appears that Jim and Chris and George and Tiaoga do. Jim and Chris are my inspiration and George is my hero. I guess you could say I am a (sort of) George wana-be. I say sort of because I don’t plan on doing as much dry camping as he does. I plan to stay at different parks for as much as three months at a time, depending on the adventures presented to me at any one location. Having said that, I will need a TEAM to assist me. So I am going to follow (steal) George’s example and gather a team to experience these new adventures with.


The first team member is Mr. Lyca Rock. A 2006 Chevy one ton work truck that has been my business partner for almost a year and a half. My second team member is Ms. Cazey (K-Z) Tofive. Cazey and I have just met and we are just a little leery of each other. We will have three or four months to get to know each other before we hit the road, while I dispose of all of my junk. As I stated before I have worked out an arrangement that will allow us to park on the rear portion of the property I just sold until the end of March. That makes April first 2008 HTR day (hit the road). I will up date you as other team members join our adventure.

First Cazey and I have some discussion regarding her accommodations. The forward section (in front of the entry door) is currently comprised of four small bunk beds which I plan to remove and install my computer room/office on one side and storage on the other. I also plan on removing the couch for more storage. Storage is one thing that Ms.Tofive is in short supply of. Cazey is in complete agreement that these modifications need to be done, however she is not looking forward to the mess I will make during the renovations.

Well see you later
Ken




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken,

This is Jo leaving a msg for you!

Put more pictures on your blog!