Saturday, December 29, 2007

Industrious Men
















Hi Peoples,

WOW! The new owners are serious about re-doing my former home. There is a term, that contractor’s use when they tear out the interior of a house and start over with just the shell. It’s called GUTTING, which is an appropriate term for the process. Well the new owners have not gutted the house but dam close. (see pic’s) The Kitchen and cabinets are gone. One of the bathrooms only has the toilet and the sink remaining. All the closets have been ripped out, the interior doors, windows. They are doing it right. They are able to do this way because no one is living in the house. He tells me that he should be able to move in by the end of January. That seems optimistic to me because he is going to replace all of the wiring and much of the plumbing in addition to all of the stuff he tore out. However if anyone can do it I think this guy can. They arrive at 8 am and have never left before 7 pm. He is here today with his crew (Saturday). They have been here every day following Christmas eve, it will be interesting to see if they show up tomorrow.

Cazey and I are getting along well. I am actually sleeping better in her embrace than I was in the house. I think it will even be better when I get one of those memory foam mattresses. Little by little I am sorting through my piles and putting the essentials in the trailer and the truck. When I get the that done I will add the luxuries or the I wannas, as the weight and space allow. I also need to start thinking about other things like mail forwarding, internet access and residency. Yes residency, even though I will be traveling from state, the government likes it when you call one place home and apparently it makes a big difference which state you claim as home. I haven’t figured it all out yet but I will before HTR day (Hitting The Road day).

My TO-DO list is longer than I am tall and that’s saying something. I am just prioritizing each item and knocking it off of the list as I go. One problem, as I knock one thing off it seems like I remember another couple of things I need to add. Eventually it will start getting shorter. Another problem is I keep loosing my list, it’s written on a legal pad and I keep putting it down and forgetting where. I guess I need to put it on the computer. I am experiencing another problem that seems to have gotten worse. I remember something that I need or want to do and by the time I move to where I need to do it I forget what it was. It just happened. As I wrote the line “I guess I need to put it on the computer” I remembered something I needed to look up, so I clicked over to the internet and in that small space in time I forgot what it was I wanted to look up. There is a bright spot though. While rewriting “I guess I needed to put it on the computer” I remembered something else and I immediately wrote it down. For all I know it might be the same thing I forgot in the first place. Hopefully, I won’t loose the paper I wrote it down on.

As I mentioned before I am on an eating re-learning program. I am doing very well, and rather than mention this on each post, I will just end with my last weigh-in. I was at an all time high of 295 pounds in November, and I decided to cut a few things out of my dietary intake. Like Peanut M&M’s and Potato chips that were supplemented with buttered popcorn and mini Almond joy’s, while laying in bed watching TV. After cutting that out I lost 15 pounds. Then I started the program on December 18th and I am currently at 268 pounds. My goal weight is 225, so I will end each post with the number of my current liteness.

268 lbs

See Ya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ken,
Told ya I would come on your blog and visit. Now that I have found it I am excited to come sneak a peek while your traveling here and there. You are such a nice man and I hope you can experience everything onyour journey.
See you in clay class,
Sara
PS way to go on the 268!