Friday, December 21, 2007

Moving out.






















Well, obviously I was unable to get the tool photos in the web album where I wanted them, therefore you are unable look at them. After Christmas I will try again.

I finally closed on the house in December 19th. I got a little bent out of shape because of all the EXTRA charges and PENATILIES but there was nothing I could do about them so I didn’t get too wound up over it.. It seems like everybody has their hand in the cookie jar. If I had it to do over again I would not have used a realtor. I would have used BUY_OWNER. I told the Realtor how to sell the property but all he did was stick 2 wire signs in the front yard, hung a lock box on the front door and put an MLS flyer holder on the mail box but never put any flyers in it. After several days I put a sign out front describing the unique features of the property and within 20 days, had a bidder. Any way it’s over and I am not going to dwell on it further. I only am expressing it here to let my readers know so that they won’t make the same mistake. In addition I informed my Realtor that I didn’t think he earned the Twenty K that he and the other Realtor split.

I did get an extension (Dec 23) to get out of the house. I am almost finished. Every thing is in piles in the warehouse. Pile 1 = Things to sort through and keep or sell. Pile 2 = Things that my friend had stored at my house and will come to pick up. Pile 3 = Things to sell, give or throw away. Pile # 4 = Tools and Equipment to sell. I will put some pictures of the warehouse and the piles on this entry.

I have decided to make another change. I have started a weight loss program. I am tired of my feet hurting, and I want the extra mobility for my adventures. A friend expressed that it might be a mistake to try to make additional changes with so many other things changing, and I had to agree that she might be right, because the diet program is taking up a lot of extra time and it is not an easy thing to do, but on the other hand, since there are so many things changing why not add one more and do everything at once. So far, I think that the second option has been the right decision. It will all eventually end up being one big change.

I am not sure if I mentioned that for the past 8 weeks I have been a pottery class at the local high school making Christmas presents. I am going to take pictures of the pots I made and post them on my next post. I don’t want the people I am giving them to, to see them before Christmas.

I have 95% of the stuff out of the house. I need to take some time to prepare Cazey Twofive for my move in. I still need to connect the phone cables and the TV cable. I haven’t figured how to get the hot water heater on board Cazey to work yet. I don’t plan on taking cold showers. I have a whole list of things that I need to purchase, repair and modify before I will be able to “Hit The Road” (HTR). That is in addition to sorting, storing, selling and / or disposing of all the material items.

Well I am tired and I will close for today. Check in after Christmas for the pottery pictures and the next up date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings:
Now I finally am able to leave messages and that is great. I figured it would be valuable to work out the communication tools, before you and your "team" hit the road (:-) As you know JSG was having difficulties leaving comments. I've looked your blog over again and did not see any other comments? Here is my second. Have a great day! Still hope to see you before I hit the road again myself (or more like the open sea). I'm back from Los Angeles and the Pacific NW. All is well. Fair Winds,
JSG