Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My first time with Cazey
















The pottery pictures are posted as promised. I was really pleased as to how they came out. The pictures don’t completely show the nuances of the glaze but a picture rarely captures what reality presents.

Last night, Christmas Eve, Cayze (my travel trailer) and I slept together for the first time. She has that rear slide out Queen Size bed and she seemed a little tight. Perhaps it was because it has been awhile since any has slept with her or it is more likely that I am just big. I’m 6’3” so I have to sleep corner to corner, but surprisingly I slept well. I think I will get her one of those memory foam mattresses instead of the 4” slab of regular foam that she now has. It was cool here in Florida last night (around 68 degrees) and come early morning it rained and cooled things off a little more.

I am completely out of the house and I spent most of yesterday setting up my computer and desk in the warehouse. I had a couple of minor glitches but I finally got back online. I was almost surprised that everything actually worked. I had to reroute phone lines some 200 feet from the house to the warehouse and hook up new jacks. I expected to have more problems related to power drop due to the distance but everything seems fine. Even the TV is working fine without a signal booster.

Man the new owner was here today ripping out walls and closets. I didn’t think he would be here on Christmas day but here he was with a crew of four and the dust was flying.




Now I am having trouble finding stuff that is in the piles. In my haste to get out of the house I neglected to mark the boxes and now I have to search through them to find stuff. Well at least now I don’t have a deadline as to when I find any particular item.

Christmas was great, I spent the morning with my son (Jay), his faïence (Mari), her sister (Allie) and her mother (Nina). It was a very comfortable gathering. I acted the fool as usual. Allie got a small fluffy stuffed sheep and when they handed it to me to feel how soft it was I pretended to blow my nose on it. Anything for a laugh, I love it when people laugh and I love it even more if I am the one causing it. They gave me some things for Cazey, a couple of RV books a really cool backpack and some neat sandals. Later I went to my friend Jo’s and she got me some plastic space saver spice holders that fasten to the inside of the cabinet door and a album that holds tons of CD/DVD,s. with out their plastic cases, thereby saving allot of storage space. And as you RVers know, saving space is the name of the game.

As I was cleaning up and packing I ran across some stuff that I had written several years ago. One of the things I had written jumped out at me and I have decided to put it on the back of my trailer.

WHO’S LIFT ARE YOU LIVING?

Now I can honestly say mine.

Goodnight

No comments: